More than 80 Years of Mining

The history of underground mining at the Lamaque property goes back more than 80 years.

1923

The first gold discovery was in 1923 by R. Clark.

1933
History of Mining image 1

An initial shaft was sunk in early 1933 with operations from the mill starting in April 1935.

1937
History of Mining image 2

By the end of 1937, the mill had increased operations to 1,000 tons per day.

1985

For the next 50 years, the Lamaque property produced over 4.5 million ounces of gold from nine mineralized zones. Production at Lamaque ceased in 1985.

1990 - 2003

Limited exploration was conducted on the Lamaque South property between 1990 and 2003.

2009

In 2009, Kalahari bought out the remaining interests in the property and changed its name to Integra Gold in 2010.

2011

Integra advanced surface exploration and discovered the Triangle deposit in 2011.

2014

In 2014, Integra Gold bought the adjacent Sigma Mill and historic Sigma and Lamaque Mines, consolidating these with the Lamaque South property for the first time in history.

2015 - 2016

Surface infrastructure development commenced at Triangle in 2015 with underground development starting in July 2016.

2017

Eldorado Gold Corporation acquired Integra Gold in July 2017. Eldorado Gold Lamaque is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eldorado Gold Corporation.